I’ve said it before and it’s something you all know about…
Lissy = Lazy
So, does it surprise you that one of my favorite recipes is super duper easy, really really quick and contains a smidgen of sugar? No, me neither.
Here’s the deal, this cake can be whipped together in less than 5 minutes, not including baking time, obviously. It can also be just about anything you want it to be. I’ve made five different flavors of this cake, and there are many more I’d like to try. It’s good iced, glazed, powered or just left plain. Basically, it’s only limitation is the end of your imagination.
Because of the season, I’m going to give you the gingerbread-ish version of this awesome cake. If you’re lucky, I won’t laze-out and I’ll add some variations at the end…
- 1 2/3 c. Flour (your choice of white or WW or a mix of both. It depends on the flavor of cake for me)
- 1c. Sugar (again, your call of white or brown. And, again, it depends on the flavor for me)
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2tps. Salt
- 3/4c. Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 sp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (and Allspice, if you have it and want it)
- 1c. Water
- 1/3c. Vegetable Oil
- 1tsp. White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp. Molasses
* you could also add Candied Ginger, if you like it, and/or Chocolate Chips, Lemon Rind, Berries or whatever you think sounds good with gingerbread.
Instructions: (Now this is the really hard part… get ready)
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- Dump ingredients in 8×8 square pan. Stir with fork.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.